On the Issues
Funkhouser discusses bike trails, sewer and water bonds and relationships among City Council members here.
• Position sought: Alderman – Ward 3
• Website: Funkhouser4alderman.com
• E-mail address: Funkhouser4alderman@gmail.com
• Phone: 630-708-6605
• Address: 903 Canyon Trail, Yorkville, IL 60560
• Age: 32
• Family: Stephanie – wife, 29; Alexis – daughter, 5; Courtney – daughter, 3
• Occupation: Project Manager (Unemployed)
• Political party affiliation: Republican
• Previous elected/appointed offices: Zoning Board of Appeals, appointed 2006
• Applicable experience qualifying you for the position: I have 9 years experience in a local land planning and landscape architecture firm providing consulting, design and professional services to municipalities, developers, builders, park & school districts and more. During those nine years, I have worked on dozens of projects ranging in size from less than an acre to over 1,100 acres. Also, I have managed many of those projects each with several team members, provided coordination between, engineers, architects, clients and municipal staff. Presenting to Councils and Boards, meeting with staff and working with attorneys was a regular necessity to secure project approvals.
• What is the primary reason you are running for this office?
During the past several years, the city has not had the focus and drive to correct the issues that have been presented in a timely and appropriate approach. Our city needs to be more proactive in its resolve to deal with our mounting debt burdens, expanding staff costs and reduced revenue streams.
• What will be your single most important priority if you get elected?
Working with the city staff, mayor and other council members to ensure that Yorkville has the resources to maintain and improve our aging infrastructure.
• What sets you apart from the other candidates?
The background that I bring with me, the knowledge of the municipal process and my experience working with municipalities provides me an ability to see issues in a different light than most.
• How long have you lived in Yorkville?
I have been a resident of Yorkville for 15 years.
• What's your favorite thing about Yorkville?
Yorkville has a great sense of community. We have great parks, 33 and counting, with wide array of amenities, excellent schools and various shopping & dining experiences.
• What is the biggest problem in Yorkville?
The largest issue facing our City is our debt to revenue ratio. Yorkville cannot sustain itself at its current levels.