The following updates were provided by City Administrator Bart Olson.
- Van Emmon is now open in both directions.
- Work at Fox Street began last week. Underground utility work will occur for 6-10 working days from Monday, Aug. 26, and has resulted in closure of both legs of the Fox Street intersection (east and west).
- Storm Sewer installation has begun and so have water main relocations. This work is to continue for the foreseeable future.
- Traffic is expected to be routed to the eastern lanes of the Fox River Bridge in the near future. Minor surface work on the bridge is being completed on the eastern half of the bridge, and when that work is completed, the traffic lanes will shift to the eastern half of the bridge.
- Left turn movements from northbound Rt 47 to River Road have been closed permanently. This closure was anticipated as a result of the Route 47 project, and we made the decision to close now due to the impact on traffic flow and safety from vehicles turning left onto River Road from northbound Rt 47. Additionally, there is a dedicated left turn lane at the East/West Main Street intersection.