Julia Messina, the Community Liaison for IDOT D-3, shared the following updates for October and November:
- East Hydraulic St. and East Fox St. have been reconstructed and are open to traffic, although minor work items remain to be completed.
- Work on the northbound side of the Fox River Bridge is nearing completion.
- Storm sewer work continues to the south. This work is approaching the point where the work activities will cross IL 47, with the storm sewer then being installed on the east side of the road.
- East Van Emmon St. is closed in preparation for concrete paving. It is expected to be closed for several weeks to allow paving and subsequent items to be completed. A marked detour is in place.
- Concrete paving of the new northbound lanes of IL 47 will take place Monday or Tuesday night (Oct. 21 or Oct. 22), weather permitting. Work hours will be 9 pm to 5 am. Motorists traveling through the work zone during this time can expect delays, as the work operations involve lane closures with flaggers present. Due to the lane closures, this work is being performed at night to avoid inconveniencing the heavy daytime traffic. Paving operations will generally extend from Hydraulic St. to Washington St. Subsequent work items will be completed as weather allows. Businesses and residents whose access is affected by the work should know that the Department of Transportation and the contractor are aware of the need for performing the work as efficiently and expeditiously as possible in order to reestablish access.
- Weather permitting, a traffic switch to the new pavement could take place by mid-November.
- Motorists are advised to be alert for changing conditions as the work progresses. Motorists are also reminded of the 30 mph speed limit through the work zone and that cell phone use is not allowed in the work zone.