In January, the White House Office of Digital Strategy reached out to Patch to get questions from Patch users. Patch editors nationwide put out calls for questions, and the White House responded with video replies to seven of them.
Here are links to articles with those replies:
• From Dylan Schrock, a Plainfield native now living in Ann Arbor, MI: "While you seek to punish those responsible for the sub-prime mortgage crisis, will you pursue those in positions in the federal government and federal agencies who had an impact, or will you simply pursue those in private financial sector?" Click here to watch the video.
• From Flossmoor, IL, resident Marta Perales: "Can we get more details on how President Obama is going to move forward with improving our transportation infrastructure? How is (President Obama going to get this on the fast track and cut the red tape?" Click here to watch the video.
• In the same post is a video answering a question from Glenwood resident and local radio host Jaime Gill: "I'd love to hear more about (President Obama's) plan for women's health issues and laws against sexual predators."
• From Lake in the Hills, IL, resident Steve Dessent: "In the 1980’s we shipped manufacturing jobs overseas. Now in the 21st century we’re shipping service and IT jobs overseas. What is being done about the loss of jobs overseas particularly in the IT field? If we keep shipping jobs overseas what are we supposed to do for work in this country?" Click here to watch the video.
• From Norristown Patch, PA, reader Pat Mancuso: "Why does it take three additional years for a potential immigrant to be approved for a green card after they waited 10 years on the green card list, but illegal immigrants can be here in minutes?" Click here to watch the video.
• From Sewickley, PA, Patch reader John Luff: "I ran a small business for 20 years, but am concerned about the long term prospects for American innovation and manufacturing. What can we do to change the downward trajectory that could leave the USA as a second class consumer economy?" Click here to watch the video.
• Grape grower and citizen activist Michael Haley, one of the most popular bloggers on Napa, CA, Patch, asked: "I'd love to hear more about (President Obama's) plan for women's health issues and laws against sexual predators." Click here to watch the video.