Address: 44 Circle Dr. West, Montgomery
Campaign contact information: Ironbear24@aol.com
Family: Alison Swanson married for 12 yrs. Three sons Allen(12), Austin (11), Brayden (4)
Education: Graduated from Oswego High School 1992, Attended Waubonsee Community College, 4 yr. Apprenticeship - Ironworkers Local# 393
Previous elected or appointed positions:
- Precinct committeeman Oswego 12 (2008- Current)
- Current Vice Chairman Kendall County Republican Central Committee
- Ironworkers Local #393 Executive Board (6 yrs)
1) What can you do to foster economic development in Kendall County? What level of cooperation do you think is necessary with municipalities to accomplish this?
I think first off we need to get everyone on the same page, bring in all the local economic development leaders (county, municipal, ect.) and lets open up a dialog, share ideas, and create a vision that will allow Kendall county to foster relationships with small businesses and corporations and promote economic growth.
I believe that municipalities account for roughly over half of our county residents so working with them is essential to make Kendall county attractive for businesses as well as future residents.
2) Would you support a 0.75 percent RTA sales tax to locate a Metra stop in Kendall County?
I think that would be like putting the cart before the horse so to speak. I believe Metra is currently doing a study on bringing a line to Oswego and I would like to have more information on said study. I think we need to look into all options and choose what is in everyone's best interest (county, municipalities, and taxpayer).
3) What lessons did you draw from the dog bite incident and its aftermath? Do you think the changes the county has made at Animal Control are adequate?
I think this is a perfect example of why we need new leadership on the board. We can't keep going down the same path making the same mistakes and letting the "tax payer" pay for it. Having been bitten by my own dog as a young boy (I still have the scars on my face) I can relate to this horrible event young Gavin has gone through. Gavin never should have been in the vicinity of "Moose" let alone given permission to accompany his father David on a court ordered community service duty. Again this is why we need new leadership on the board.
4) Do you think the redistricting process was fair for people who live in the county’s larger municipalities?
I do think it was fair except for the gerrymandering that took place. if your elected officials get out throughout the communities and interact with their constituents they will know the demographics and the needs of the different areas they cover.
5) Aside from the issues discussed above, what issue or problem do you think the county board should address, and what action would you take if elected/re-elected?
I think we need to re-evaluate our per-diem and mileage incentives and work out better, less confusing language. Close the loop holes or grey area or come up with a better way to handle said incentives.
If Ellis is still open and still under performing then I would like to look into a new use for the facility that doesn't use taxpayer money to compete against the taxpayer.