.

Four Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak

Gasoline-powered generator cited as source of fumes.

Editor's note: The time of the department's response has been updated to show the correct time.

Four Montgomery residents were transported to area hospitals after a residential carbon monoxide leak Monday night. 

At approximately 10:13 p.m. Jan. 7 the Bristol Kendall Fire Department responded to a report of carbon monoxide illness at at 2172 Gallant Fox in Montgomery.

Upon arrival emergency personnel found multiple individuals outside of the house exhibiting what was described as symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters traced the source of the carbon monoxide to a gasoline-powered generator running in the garage.

Bristol Kendall units transported four patients to area hospitals for treatment.

In addition to Bristol Kendall units, ambulances from Oswego and Little Rock Fox Fire Departments also responded.

Patch will update as more information comes available.

Smokingdiesel January 09, 2013 at 06:46 PM
Really, generator in a garage, Duh!!!
mike ellison January 09, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Wow. When I run out generator in an emergency, it's obviously, outside. But even then, I have to make sure the wind is blowing the fumes away from the house. I can't imagine running a generator in a garage.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »