From the beginning, Yorkville Patch has been pleased to serve as a destination for community members to share their opinions, photos and video. In the parlance of the digital age this is know User Generated Content (UGC), otherwise known as cool stuff from readers.
Here’s how it works
- Log in. If you have not already done so, sign up for an account on Yorkville Patch. You’ll find the “sign up” link in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.
- Not far below the sign up and log in area you’ll see a button that says “Add to the Neighborhood Gallery.” Click on that.
- Now you’ll find yourself in the Neighborhood Gallery. There already are some photos and video there. To add yours, simply click the “Upload Photos & Videos” button.
- Select the items you’d like to add from your computer.
- It’ll a take a few seconds to process your image (longer for video).
- Add a caption, if you like.
- Finally, upload more photos or return to the article.
- Your photo or video is now ready to view!
Of course, if you have trouble or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.