Address: 5100 Baseline Road Oswego, IL 60543
Campaign contact information: 630-897-6184 or email@example.com
Family: Husband-Larry Heiman, Adult children-Jeffrey, Stephanie & Andrew
Education: Real Estate Salesman License 1981 and Brokers License in 1986 every 2 years we have on going education that is required
Previous elected or appointed positions: Precinct Committeeman Oswego 1, appointed Ethics Committee for the Kendall County Board and recently joined the Government Affairs Committee for the Realtor Association of Fox Valley.
1) What can you do to foster economic development in Kendall County? What level of cooperation do you think is necessary with municipalities to accomplish this?
Education, Recreation and Transportation are key factors business look at a community when making a decision to relocate. We have to keep that in mind when making decisions and try to improve in those areas. I think working with municipalities on long term planning will help if we are all on the same page and working for the same goals.
2) Would you support a 0.75 percent RTA sales tax to locate a Metra stop in Kendall County?
Transportation is one of the key factors business look for in a community to relocate we have to work toward increasing transportation opportunities.
3) What lessons did you draw from the dog bite incident and its aftermath? Do you think the changes the county has made at Animal Control are adequate?
Protecting the people that visit the Animal Control facility and the animals that are there should always be a top priority.
4) Do you think the redistricting process was fair for people who live in the county’s larger municipalities?
I really wanted the 5 districts, two county board members per district. I thought it would better serve the people of the county. You could focus on issues in your area and people would know who to go to for issues in that area.
5) Aside from the issues discussed above, what issue or problem do you think the county board should address, and what action would you take if elected/re-elected?
I would like to see a more user friendly web site to look up taxes and liens so people can do their due diligence in making decisions on buying property in the county. Property rights and values are very important to me.
Click here to return to Yorkville Patch's Election Central.
Click here to return to Oswego Patch's Election Central.
Click here to return to Montgomery Patch's Election Central.