Here's a roundup of local events:
- Yorkville - Fireworks at dusk Friday, July 4, south of Menards on Countryside Parkway. Parade lineup is at 7:30 at Yorkville High School, followed by the parade at 9 p.m. Click for more information on Yorkville's 4th of July Celebration and the parade route.
- Oswego - A fireworks show will start at 9:30 p.m. at Prairie Point Park, 4120 Plainfield Rd.
- Aurora - The Independence Day Celebration and fireworks will take place at Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy and Aurora Central Catholic High School grounds located between Edgelawn Dr., Randall Rd., Sullivan Rd. and Indian Trail Rd., from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, July 4. Fireworks are at 9:30 p.m.
- Plainfield - Patriotic Picnic & Fireworks starts at 6 p.m. Thursday, July 3, at Plainfield Central High School, 24120 W. Fort Beggs Drive. Fireworks start at dusk.
- Joliet - fireworks will start at dusk Friday, July 4 at Joliet Memorial Stadium, 3000 W. Jefferson St.
- Romeoville - An Independence Day celebration is set for 7 to 10 p.m. Thursday, July 3, at Deer Crossing Park, 1050 W. Romeo Rd. The event will feature live music from Hi Infidelity, followed by fireworks at 9:15 p.m. at nearby Village Park, 900 W. Romeo Rd.
- Bolingbrook - The All-American Celebration starts at 2 p.m. Friday, July 4, at Bolingbrook Golf Club, 2001 Rodeo Drive, including an appearance by Radio Disney, kids activities and more. Live music from American English, the Walk Ins and ARRA. Chicago Blackhawks tenor Jim Cornelison will sing the National Anthem at 9 p.m., followed by fireworks at 9:15 p.m
Note: The Village of Montgomery is set to have a fireworks display during Montgomery Fest on Aug. 11.