HISTORIC STONE CHURCH OFFERS FREE TOURS
Free tours of the Historic Stone Church, located at 320 Center Street in Plano, will be available from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 17. Built in 1868, this building was placed on the National Register of Historic Sites in 1991 by the United States Department of the Interior as the oldest church building in continuous use in Kendall County.
Visitors will receive complimentary copies of “Voices from the Past,” containing stories about the building and the people who worship there.
The Community of Christ holds worship services regularly on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. in the Stone Church.
The tours will include refreshments served in Rogers Hall, next door to the Stone Church where there is a computer center and classrooms. Rogers Hall is named for Israel Rogers, a well known landowner in Plano in the late 1800s. Contact Tour Director Donna Vicars at 630-280-9414 to schedule tours at times other than August 17.