Your Guide to Yorkville's Hometown Days Festival 2012
Here's what you need to know about the bands, carnival, music and more during Labor Day weekend.
Brace yourself: There aren't going to be fireworks at Hometown Days this year.
Instead, organizers are presenting BMX/Bicycle stunt shows. Other additions include live music on Thursday night and a high school dance from 9:30 to 11 p.m. Friday after the home football game.
Old favorites, such as the baby contests, the pizza-eating contest, the Fox Country Players, car show, bean bag tournament and 5K run/walk will be back. Here are some of the basics you need to know:
• Admission is $1 on Thursday, Aug. 30, and $2 after 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 31-Sunday, Sept. 2. Admission during the day Saturday and Sunday is free, as is admission for children 5 and younger throughout the festival.
• The festival is held at Beecher Community Park, 908 Game Farm Road.
• Festival hours are 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 30, 5 to 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 31, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 1, and 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 2.
• The carnival rides are $1 per ride from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday, with a minimum purchase of 10 rides on Thursday only. The wristband unlimited ride special is $20 and runs from 1 to 5 p.m. Satuday and Sunday. The $20 cost covers one day.
• The BMX/Bicycle stunt shows start at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• The bags tournament, Baggapalooza, will be two separate tournaments, one each on Saturday and Sunday. Registration for a team of two is $50; check-in starts at 9 a.m. Proceeds benefit the Kendall County Food Pantry. For more information, see www.baggapalooza.com.
• Please see the attached PDF from the Yorkville Parks and Recreation Department for a full schedule and other information.