Important Election Dates You Need to Know
The last day to register to vote in the Nov. 6 election is Oct. 9. Here, we have that and other important election deadlines.
There are several important dates leading up to the Nov. 6 election for voters (and would-be voters who need to register).
Here are some of the details, courtesy of the Kendall County Clerk's Office. The dates are set by the State Board of Elections and are subject to change. For more information, see the clerk's website.
• First day for registered voters presently within the US to make application to the election authority for an absentee ballot is Sept. 27.
• Last day to register to vote is Oct. 9.
• First day of grace period registration and voting at the election authority’s office is Oct. 10. (Grace period registration and voting allows those who missed the voter registration deadline to both register and vote at the same time. Go to the Kendall County Clerk's office in Room 103 of the county building at 111 W. Fox Road, Yorkville.)
• First day of early voting at the office of the election authority is Oct. 22. (Early voting allows registered voters to cast a ballot at designated locations before Election Day.)
• Last day to request an absentee ballot by mail and the last day of early voting at Oswego Village Hall is Nov. 1.
• Last day for early voting and grace period registration and voting at the election authority’s office is Nov. 3.
• Election Day is Nov. 6 at the polling sites from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.