Efforts are underway to support the families displaced by an early morning fire at 118 Colonial Parkway last month.
The fire damaged the middle two units and left smoke and water damage in the other two units, Bristol-Kendall Fire Protection District Chief Michael Hitzemann said the day after the fire. Officials believe it started with an electrical outlet near a back deck.
Firefighters arrived a little after 3 a.m. May 21 to see the entire rear wall and two decks on fire, Hitzemann said. The fire spread to the attic and crept forward to damage the siding on the front of the building before crews could put it out. Yorkville police had cleared the building, and no one, including pets, was injured.
Now, friends and neighbors are trying to support the families displaced. This website, designed by Patch blogger Jen Slepicka, details items the families need and where cash donations can be sent.
In addition, a spaghetti buffet fundraiser will be held from 2 to 6 p.m. June 24 at Dan's Roadhouse, 11 W. John St., Plano. The suggested donation is $10.