Fire Caused $100,000 Damage Tuesday
Bristol-Kendall Fire Protection District members are urging residents to check lint traps, vents on gas dryers.
Bristol-Kendall Fire Protection District provided the following news release:
On Tuesday September 25, 2012 at 08:13 am the Bristol Kendall Fire Department received an alarm for a structure fire at 1084 Western Lane in Yorkville.
The initial report was smoke coming from a vent on the roof of the house. Bristol Kendall Engine 122 arrived on the scene at 08:19 am and reported a working basement fire in a two story single family residence. The initial fire attack was made by Engine 122 advancing a 1 ¾ hose line to the basement utility room for fire suppression.
The subsequent arriving Bristol Kendall Fire Department Companies conducted a search on the first and second floors and provided back up and supported salvage operations in the basement of the house. The subsequent fire investigation revealed the fire had started in a dryer in the utility room and spread to the wall structure and contents in the utility room. The estimated loss was $70,000 to the structure and $30,000 to the contents.
Bristol Kendall Fire Department Fire Marshal Mike Torrence would like to remind homeowners to frequently check and clean the lint trap as well as the vent pipe on gas dryers in the home.