Yorkville District 115 Outlines Kindergarten Registration
Yorkville District 115 provided the following news release:
Kindergarten registration for Yorkville School District 115 will be held at each of the elementary buildings in the Yorkville District on Friday, March 16 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. To be eligible to attend kindergarten during the 2012-2013 school year a child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2012. You must register in the building your child will attend. We would also like to invite those who would like to transition from private school to public school to register for the 2012-2013 school year at this time also.
You will be required to present a birth certificate and three proofs of residency at the time of registration. Subdivisions that have some addresses in Yorkville and some in another district will be required to bring a tax bill to show which district the tax dollars are paid to. You may show proof of residency by providing the required number of documents from each of the following categories:
Category I (one document required)
1. Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment, e.g. cancelled check or form 1098 (homeowners)
2. Signed and dated lease and proof of last month’s payment, e.g. cancelled check or receipts (renters)
3. Letter from manager and proof of last month’s payment e.g. cancelled check or receipt (trailer park residents)
4. Housing letter (military personnel)
5. Letter of residence from landlord in lieu of lease
6. Letter of residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a District resident.
Category II (2 documents showing proper address are required)
1. Driver’s license
2. Vehicle registration
3. Voter’s registration
4. Most recent cable television and/or credit card bill
5. Current public aid card
6. Current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt
7. Most recent gas, electric, and/or water bill
8. Receipt for moving van rental
9. Mail received at new residences
Physical and dental forms will be handed out which must be completed before school begins in the fall.
Early registration of new kindergarten students allows the district to organize the kindergarten class and transportation schedules. This will help insure that the new students first few days at school go as smoothly as possible. Registration will take place at the Grade School your child will attend.
A free preschool screening will be offered for all District 115 residents who are 3, 4, and 5 years of age. Children who will attend kindergarten during the 2012-2013 school year are all encouraged to participate.
Call Mary Kay at 630-551-9612 for an appointment.