The Yorkville Area Chamber of Commerce Green Committee and the United City of Yorkville Green Committee are organizing Rain Barrels on Parade throughout the City of Yorkville. Rain barrels have a number of positive effects on the environment and with your help they can look great too! We are looking for businesses to sponsor a rain barrel and artists to paint them.
Decorated rain barrels will be on display and include signage acknowledging the business sponsor and providing the artist’s name. At the end of the summer, these barrels will be donated and auctioned off at Hometown Days with the proceeds going towards green education initiatives.
How To Get Your Rain Barrel
In order to get your rain barrel you will need to:
- Be willing to sponsor a rain barrel for $75 and donate your artwork to show in the community and auction off at Hometown Days.
- Submit the registration form by June 17th to reserve your barrel. Follow this link below:
- Contact Jackie Dearborn at 630-553-8548 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to get your barrel. Payment is due upon the delivery of the rain barrel.
- Be creative! Prizes will be awarded for the best artwork. Voting will take place at Hometown Days.
- By July 4th, have your barrel painted to be displayed in the parade or at your place of business.
- Barrels will be displayed at sponsoring businesses throughout Yorkville or at City buildings for those sponsors without store fronts.
The rain barrels will be promoted at several optional events, in the newspapers and on-line until they are returned to Hometown Days on Sept. 1 for judging and an auction.
Additional information is attached to this post as a PDF.